Thursday, August 16, 2007

Girl Hunter and gathering

Girl Hunter, a photography mag from the 50s, is frightening and yet I cannot tear myself away from the photographs and what we now consider cliche' images. My friend Kevin Scarbrough gave me a disk with hundreds of images from these magazines and it was like channuka in summer. The type is amazing and the content is laughable.



Here is a little something I made from one of the images. I am going to explore the topic further in the coming months:
The bigger one is not as good as the smaller image however the smaller image was a text painting and transfer so of course it turned out better than the larger painting. What can you do.


And here was a warm up painting. I cant help but laugh out loud and make bird noises under my breath when I am painting these so invariably I look a little crazy.

1 comment:

Kevin M. Scarbrough said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed them.