Saturday, April 5, 2008

The art of the doodle.

click here for the link to this piece.


I find that more and more the illustration and fine art I see is reminiscent of notebook doodles in class. There is nothing wrong with this of course, it is just an observation. I think its an aesthetic that came about in response to all over produced digital work that began a couple of years back. It was so exciting when people first realized they could make a person or butterfly or whatever look real in illustrator or painter. And while some people argue that illustration will be completely digital in a couple of years I (and computer arts magazine) think that this is a trend on the outs. So I say to you doodle every day! Do not say, "but I can't draw." The truth is no one cares just do it and try to sell it. Like the people on american idol who cannot sing, but they do it anyway.

No comments: