Wednesday, July 1, 2009

be lazy, buy local!


This drawing was sitting on my desk for a week and I finally had the time to illustrate it today. I am going away for the weekend which will give me ample time to draw and hopefully paint. I want to do a series of these posters. One will have a bike and will say the ride home is shorter and then maybe another one the same thing and a wheel chair or something. I haven't worked it out yet. I think I will use this image on my mailer along with another one that I am working on right now, but waiting for the base coat to dry. I am trying to get a sustainable/green body of work, maybe some running stuff, and cute things for kids mags.
Mainly I am trying to cram in the work needed while working full time...it feels impossible. I do have to say that selling my work is going well enough and maybe I will have a bit extra income in the coming months to really pour into bigger projects. I am currently having a new website built for me. It will have all current work and it will have a blog on it so I can do everything in one place. I think I will still have this blog though because I will only talk art on the site. I am also waiting on some instructions before I send off the orders for bags and printing. I am excited about them though. They do not generate a huge sum, but I think they will be helpful in self promotion. I still have to figure out where to put a website on the bag.
In other news I went to the Dr. today which was as fun as usual. I got my check up and went to give my bodily fluids to the technician, fun. I was standing in this room for 5 minutes holding a bottle of my own pee while I waited for someone to tell me what to do with it.. It was so weird. Finally, a tech came in and told me to put it down and then she took my blood. It is an HMO and so the disorder is a big more transparent. I like the Dr. she is Russian and very matter of fact. She seemed cold the first time I saw her, but she seems to care. She asked if I wanted to see and Endo and that she could give me a referral. I told her that I felt like I should get other tests done first and see if anything turns up before I go seeing a new Dr. that I will potentially have to give lots of money to and also hate. All in all nothing to report, but I have two impending appointments, blood results to wait on, and an ultrasound oh boy!

In the mean time enjoy the pick and there are more to come.

And here is the illustration friday doodle:worn. I think I will do a couple more before friday.

No comments: