Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yappy Holidays






I have been so busy I can hardly handle it...in fact I have a cough that reminds me of the cough I had that led to bronchitis. I am going to give it a couple more days before going to my unsympathetic doctor.
I think more than ever people are trying to avoid department stores this holiday season. Apparently, the Bust Craftactular was so crowded they had to hold people back because it was too crowded. I believe it. In the past 4 days I have sold 6 things on etsy and 4 prints in the shop...and I cannot keep count of the holiday cards. Its great, but I hardly have the time to make new business cards, for example. I did print some new cards today and I am really happy with them. They look similar to the old ones, but the icon is different. I used my amazing gocco, which I am still too nervous to really experiment with, and I printed on cardboard from packaging like soda containers. SO basically I made the cheapest business cards ever.
I am still mired in the children's book, but I have had so much holiday art stuff to do and the addition responsibilities at Joe, I have had zero time. I am hoping to have things under control by next week. I have to put up the Joe art show tomorrow night and then maybe there will be time for other things....like drawing.

No comments: