Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Onesies is the loneliest number that you ever knew

I had a dream last night that I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that had one of my illustrations on it. I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out where he got it made, but he did not seem to understand me at all. I finally got some info out of him and I planned to go down to the guys shop with a tape recorder to catch him in a lie so I could sue his pants off! It was a stressful dream.
With that in mind I think I am going to do some kids shirts and onesies. The problem with such endevours is they involve dumping money, yay! my favorite, and they involve multiple sizes. Choosing sizes it one reason I do not do t-shirts. If you get an even number of all shirts then you will sell out of some and not of others and have back stock of shirts that just won't sell. Also, most places that will print have minimum orders that are at least 35 if you are lucky. Basically, its a big pain in the butt. Additionally, if I order shirts from a co. I do not know then I have no idea how any of the shirts will fit and I hate hate hate the new american apparel designs because everyone love super long extremely narrow shirts...soooo flattering.
Ok, so enough complaining. I am probably going to buy some onesies and do some printing at home with my gocco and see how it works. If they sell, then I will consider going bigger. Its hard because I like my work for paper, but I cannot picture adults wearing my illustrations...kids seem less daunting as well.
New illustration coming this way later today, yay!

No comments: