Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby baby



Project Maybe Baby is a go! I received my t-shirt and onesy prototype last night and I am very happy with the results. I will be carrying the onesy in 6 months-24 month sizes and the t-shirt in 6 months- 4T (28" chest, 16" waist).
The tees are 100 % cotton Hanes and the onesies is 100% cotton Rabbit Skins.

They will be going up on etsy as soon as the order comes in. If you are interested let me know.

tee shirts will be $20 +shipping and onesies will be $25 +shipping.

-----

Updates:
Met with a local store owner. He said onesies sell at 6 months max and tees sell at 12/18.
Brooklyn or NY centric stuff is big, gendered things are big (forget that), and novelty with words. I think I might see if I can adapt some of my work to have type and be funny but not too cute. It's hard. I know my aesthetic and what works for art, but clothing is different. I do not want to be closed minded, but I also have standards...will post ideas for feedback. I will not allow mediocre work into the world.
The other question: If it has not been done how do I know people wouldn't buy it? People fail all the time and we never hear about it so maybe I will do both and see what doesn't sink.
OY

2 comments:

Elisha said...

I was actually thinking the same thing about if no one has done it how would you know it would sell. I would love to have one of those for my baby (if I had one). However, I do know of a baby shower I just got an invite for. Be open to feed back, but do your own thing. Maybe I just haven't read it yet, but where are these being sold?

charrow said...

Hey Elisha
Thank you for the feedback!
I have not put anything on etsy yet, but that does not mean you cannot order it. Let me know what size you want and I can throw it up there. I am toying with adding some words so let me do a mock up first and you let me know which you like better. You can also shoot me an email echarrow@gmail.com