Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sketches from the Country

I used to do comics all the time before I learned to paint, and in a lot of ways I really miss it even though I have moved on to color. This past weekend JJ and I went to the country to spend time with my cousin and her husband at their get away. It was so much fun to be away and get to spend some quality time with them. JJ and David spent some quality time in his studio playing music...I know you thought I was going to say finger painting. We cooked, juiced, picked veggies, hung out with my baby cousins, played in the large pond (or very small lake), fished, played badminton (which I always want to spell badmitten), and ran past some very interested cows. There was a lot of rain, but it always cleared up enough for us to get outside.

I also, had some time to draw for no purpose other than to draw. It was great not having any goals and I am happy with the results. So, more of that! I might even hit up drink and draw tomorrow night.

Still life of the plentiful fruits and veggies we had. Also, a very odd lamp, a sculpture David's dad made, and an odd woman with nipples that were plugs. I thought this whole scene looked a lot like a strange orgy.

Some onions from the garden, a branch, and two sculptures of David's. He does love some poodles.

An assortment of bounty from the garden



2 comments:

Mountain Man said...

I LOVE THESE!!!!!! So sweet. Hugs.

Jen said...

I love these! They are so sweet. I may want one. xxxx