Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sloppy Joes


The weather has come and gone or rather it SEEMS to have come and gone. And while the weather did its thing I finished the latest illustrated recipe for the latest TDAC contest. I have to say at this point prizes are not the main motivators. I find it harder to invest the amount of time it takes to make one of these for nothing except myself. I do love to do detailed illustrations, but I have so much to do that it makes it harder unless I feel very motivated. The Manhattan coffee map, for example, took forever and now I have to do Brooklyn!!! I basically signed myself up for this when I came up with the idea, but I have a feeling there might be other cities in my future.
Otherwise, we went to the beach for JJ's birthday on Friday and it was really fun, minus the sore butt from the bike riding. We road 30 miles and I do not think I was really prepared mentally for how far away we were going to be. The water was beautiful and there was ocean and some bays which I love so basically I got all the water I could handle. When you are out there it really does feel like a completely different state. I want to go back there and just spend a day exploring so hopefully we can do that before it gets cold.
Saturday did a lovely 7 mile run through the pre-hurricane soup (super humid) and took note of all the trees that are probably not standing now.
Today I plan to work on the Brooklyn map and think about the illustration friday doodle I should be making :)

No comments: