Sunday, October 21, 2007

Funky Chicken

It was brought to my attention that I was not having a good time with this Kraft thing. In class I presented and all I heard was "concerns" about this and that. Then other people presented, not computer mock ups, but sketches. I had worked to completion on these recipe cards and our prof liked them about as much as burnt toast. I was angry and I was getting angrier and more frustrated as the class went on. I hate not liking a class and I feared a repeat of 3rd quarter where I was angry and did not know how to express it without blowing up or breaking down. So I did what a mature person would, I did not walk out in a huff, I spoke to the teacher after class. me: "This isn't working, is it?" "I just don't feel like you are happy with this directions." "You are bored aren't you?" (It sounded like the beginning of a break up) her: "I have seen your stuff and I was expecting something a little crazy and different." me: "You told me no characters" her: "Oh, did I frighten you." me: "yes, yes you did."
I showed her some sketches and some things I had written and she got excited. She wants me to draw. So without anymore blah blah blah here is the first of 3 ideas I am working on for the ad. They are supposed to be funny, eye catching, and appeal to parents who want to cook like their parents did but in half the time.

No comments: