Sunday, October 5, 2008

charrow+freedom= economic stimulation

Oh the joy of being free! Free to do nothing. Yes, I have been spending this day, this amazing day of being done with all my work forever, shopping. I do not like shopping for it tends to bring defeat and the desire to stop eating, but not today. Yesterday was a different story. Yesturday I was dumb. I went to the store on my bike (which I could do b/c I was free of work having finished at 2 am on friday with everything) and on the way home decided on Urban Outfitters. I know this was a bad idea, but coming out of my two year computer coma I thought, "they will have something that looks flattering on me" (more like fattering). This failed attempt to find clothing left me feeling slightly defeated, but not surprised as I have never bought anything from Urban Outfitters. By the way they keep the larger sizes higher up on the shelves so as you reach for them the world knows what you wear...and a couple pairs were so high up on the shelves I thought I might have to ask for help...which would have been even more fun. Like going to a check out with Hemorrhoid cream or vagacil and the cashier having to get "A PRICE CHECK ON VAGACIL" "I NEED A PRICE CHECK ON V-A-G-A-C-I-L."
Right, so today is a new day. I was going to go to Target seeing as that usually has better results and they have size up to the triple digits which always makes me feel better. The land where size 8 is below average. I called up my reenforcemets and discussed the game plan to which she said, "H&M would probably have some cute stuff." Now I love H&M and in DC and NY they have always brought me joy, but I have heard bad things about the ATL store. For one thing it's still really new and always crowded and I have heard from people who know H&M from other northern cities that this is a watered down version of the real thing. Apparently, the buyer is not as adventurous because in the city of the good ol boy you can't be too fashion forward or an implant might fall out of a low cut baby doll shirt. Taking this into account I decided to give it a go. I have to say that even though it is a little different than the other ones I have been to (the dressy work clothing section is huge) I still managed to find three pairs of pants and one of them was a pair of womens skinny jeans.....never happened (and they look good)...no muffin top. I also found a really cool sweater. Now all I need is the shoes. I have my cowboy boots if all else fails, but there are a pair of shoes so beautiful only a picture can describe so without further ado...my lust:

2 comments:

Desembarazarme said...

Damn, you're a braver woman than I. If I NEED to shop, I can only do it for 10 minutes at a time. And I'm still scared to go to H&M.

I actually did shop in Orlando (See? Not a fun trip.) and I honestly didn't know what I was doing.

elsabelle said...

This sounds like a trip I am very sad to have missed. I am jealous of your freedom days. Did you eat some Freedom Fries???