Saturday, February 21, 2009

A series of typical events

I almost spilled hot coffee on Maggie Gyllenhaal today. She came in (mind you our espresso machine is broke right now so I was just serving drip) and I got her coffee and went to put it up on the counter and almost spilled it on her. It was so embarrassing. She was gracious enough and one of my co-workers was laughing nervously in the background b/c she was there...and I was the one who was trying to treat her like anyone else by scalding her.
It was a crowning moment.
She looks exactly like she does in movies. It is refreshing really b/c most of the time when I see celebrities they look like themselves a bit, but more watered down or less concentrated version of what we see in tv. I guess between makeup and the fact that we see them at 1/10th their size their features do not look the same.

Anyway, no impressing celebrities with my mad latte skills....
I did text my boss to tell him that I almost scalded Maggie Gyllenhaal and he said "that's great! She is really nice." he just likes having famous people in his shops...typical.

Sometimes I am my own bad citcom.

1 comment:

Desembarazarme said...

I am veryveryvery envious. Actually, I'm envious of both you, for interacting with Maggie, and Maggie for interacting with you.

I don't know how to change my posting name. But it's LCA, of course.