Monday, November 2, 2009

Chicken soup for the mold

I woke up in the middle of the night, ran to the bathroom, and had some drive heaves....delightful. It is that season again, the season of the unidentifiable illness. Luckily I am my own Jewish grandmother. When I got home from work I made chicken soup from scratch, which as you know, is the only way to get over the ick*. Canned or from the carton has a lot of sodium and gums so this is way better. I even made the stock from scratch. Ah the wonders of modernity you can make a stock from scratch and while it is boiling away be looking up scanners on ebay and correcting illustrations in Photoshop.
At work today one of my coworkers said I was going to be an amazing Jewish grandmother...but why wait I am already crotchety and my Yiddish is as good as its going to get.
Nothing better than some adobe layout programs while languishing on the couch....oh to be young and old at the same time.

*technical term for a fish disease, but in this case it refers to illness without origin.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry you're sick! I'm very proud of you that you made chicken soup from scratch. That's how I believe in getting over an illness too.

Relyn Lawson said...

This post tickled my funny bone. Left me smiling delightedly and feeling a little better about the world of ick*, which my daughter also seems to be suffering from. Unfortunately, she does not her have very own Jewish grandmother.