Thursday, April 22, 2010

Commission Emission

I am up to my eyeballs in work both Joe and art related.
The Joe stuff is getting done, but the other night I was working on a commission piece that I had allotted a certain amount of time to and as life would have it the first painting was not good enough. I should have known when the drawing itself took so long that something was not right. So, today round two commenced...and took infinitely longer than I thought it would. It is now 2:25 and I had expected to be in the city and done with this by now, but no.
Basically, I finished the second version of the painting and then spent the next 30 minutes trying to decide if it was good enough. Ultimately, I darkened the background and found a nice balance. I think the end conclusion is I should not be expected to meet deadlines when the previous day I was up from 5 am - 11 pm working and teaching....really.


1. Not horrible, but the original is too saturated
2. Not bad, but I was obviously a bit nervous to make it too dark

3. Better colors and depth.

So, now that this project is done I am on to the logo I am designing....yay. Will post those when they are further along

No comments: